FABLED ENEMIES: Feature Artist December 2012
NAME: Fabled Enemies
LOCATION: Hilversum / Netherlands
• How would you describe the type of music you produce?
– Just trip-hop, cause everything can be called trip-hop these days..
• How did you get into making music?
– We both started off as instrumentalists (piano & trumpet), but quickly we bumped into the boundries of live music and so we decided to enter the electronic realm.
• Who are your artist that influenced you the most and why?
– Emancipator, Floex, Noisia, bonobo, Eskmo, Frans Bouwer, Tipper, Koan Sounds, Ratatat, The Strokes
• What equipment do you use to produce? What do you like about it the most?
– To produce we use: Logic & Fruity Loops, Apogee Duet, KRK Rokits, Zoom H4N(field recording), Yamaha Portable Grand, Virus Acces B, Novation Launchpad. The most important thing is probably the Zoom, because we like to record most of our own samples. One of our favorite things to do is to go out at night and records samples. Every time is an adventure, and when we get back, we’ve got loads of inspiration for a new track.
• What are your ultimate goals in terms of musically?
– Our goal: First we’d like to discover what beautiful music really is, after that we’d like to make it.