EPEAK: Featured Artist of July 2013
EPEAK was chosen for this months featured artist because of his madd “Ragga” jungle styles and riddims that is very remeniscent of the jungle pre-2000. I know all junglist, reggae, dancehall, and hiphop lovers would appreciate the various productions that emphasize free spirited music with of course the heavy bass lines and intricate drum patterns. Music you definitely what to light up to, know what I’m saying….?!
Dj/Producer Name: ePeak
City & Country Located in: in Correze , France
• How would you describe the type of music you produce?
i mostly produce ragga jungle and ragga drum tunes , remix or original
I like to introduce new voices and mash up some reggae /ragga riddims with an electronic way
sometimes i do also dub / hiphop / rub a dubstep remix
• How did you get into making music?
i played trumpet when i was child, then guitar and bass when i was around 15 years old
and after i discovered electronic instruments (groove box , yamaha / 303 / electribe)
i used to play with fruity loops and started to play live acts with ableton in 2003 in many electronic style (techno , hardtek ) ..
in 2008 i decided to produce only ragga jungle
• Who are your artist that influenced you the most and why?
i got a lot of influences :
– hiphop (Beastie Boys / Cypress Hill)
– reggae (Bob Marley , Burning Spears , Eek a Mouse, Lee Scratch Perry )
– ragga anthems (Buju Banton, Jah Mason , Elephant Man etc )
– electro (Plump Djs, Daft Punk , Umek)
– dnb (Aphrodite , Congo Natty, dj Teebee, Black Sun Empire , Noisia )
• What equipment do you use to produce? What do you like about it the most?
– ableton (3-9) + virtual instruments (predator, massive, scanned, vanguard)
– guitar and bass sampling
– master keyboard + synths korg (emx / micro X / ms2000r)
– a lot of sound cards (m audio / yamaha / native instruments etc)
• What are your ultimate goals in terms of musically?
– ” make some fucking noise “